mindlets

Saturday, June 17, 2006

first blog from flock

Dear reader,

Warning: this post is mostly content-free.

I am writing this post from flock v. 0.7.0.17.1. please do not pay attention to the exotic formatting. Really, I'm a plain text type of guy, as i will prove later assuming I keep using this stuff.

  • If you are already a flock user, you are probably thinking what a moron, of course it works. You are probably right but as I am writing this I don't know it for sure. 
  • If you are not sure what flock is, well it is a firefox-based browser with an enhanced integration with social networking sites (photo sharing, blogs, news). I am writing this from flock's blog composer window.

It is nice not to have to worry about session timeouts.  You can start, go have dinner, come back, continue and publish.

Some drawbacks though:

  1. I cannot figure out how to embed an image in this blog composer.
  2. The spell checker does not show the part of the text in which the tentative spelling mistake is.
  3. when I drag something on the drop box, i get a "drop alert" popup, hit OK.  And then nothing.  I have no idea whether it worked or how to get to the objects i dropped.

That all folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home