mindlets

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

cooking shows in the participation age

It has become exceedingly easy for anyone to post any pointless pile of bytes for any bored soul out there to download. That's what smart people call the participation age.

In any case, the other night, being one of these bored and sleepless souls, I wandered to youtube to see what was hot. This is how I found Mr Cook.

Mr Cook is a guy who makes videos of himself cooking in his kitchen and talking the whole time like the TV chefs. Like for most TV cooking shows, the culinary value of his recipes is at best questionable, however the delivery is - I am almost ashamed to admit it - simply impeccable. It is packed silly with the sort of teenage humour I somehow never grew out of. I never thought I could become cooking show fanatic...

There are a dozen or so show (at the time of this writing) you can get on youtube and learn how to make Nachos, Sushis, Pizza, and more.

Ok, enough talking. If you don't know Mr Cook, you can start out by watching Mr Cook make a baby, which I suppose is a famous Scottish recipe.

Warning: if you are an actual cooking show fanatic, you may be offended by this video.

2 Comments:

  • Goodness, Jacques, you must have been bored to check out youtube. I think that beats stupid videos.
    Heck, I don't even have enough time to write in my own blog!

    By Blogger I18n G.A.L., at 3:05 PM  

  • defunct blog ?!
    you need to cook something up here :-P

    By Blogger Mridul, at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home